Are you wondering about “What number to call to activate Verizon Phone?”
It sometimes irritates us to activate a brand new phone or the one which is gifted to us. Smartphone dominated environment makes us gauge more, as the contacts, messages, apps and other personal and security details need to be moved too. We bring you the guide to help you in the time of dire need of activating a Verizon cell service.
There are multiple ways to activate your Verizon phone but each of it has its own pros and cons.
How to Activate Verizon for iPhone
- Sync your previous iPhone with iTunes. The contacts and settings will be transferred to your new iPhone.
- Call (877) 807-4646 from another phone to activate your 4G LTE plan. This would be unnecessary if your SIM card was already 4G enabled on your previous device. The afore-mentioned number cannot be called from the new iPhone. Follow the prompt after calling and remember to keep your purchase bill accessible.
- Your iPhone would already be bundled with a SIM card if you bought it from Verizon, if not insert your own. Then, power up the phone.
- Brand new phones take a few minutes to boot up. Slide the “Hello” screen to initiate the setup process. Select the Wi-Fi network if you have a password and the network is secure.
- If you cannot find a wireless network, you can plug your iPhone into your computer and use iTunes to activate the device. You will be prompted to activate automatically after plugging the phone in.
- Wait for your iPhone to activate. Your iPhone will try to activate without your help as soon as it connects to the wireless network. If you receive a SIM card error, ensure that the correct SIM card is inserted into the iPhone.
- Proceed with your iPhone’s default setup. After activating, the setup assistant will continue directing you through the iPhone’s setup process.
How to Activate Verizon for Samsung Galaxy/Note
- If you are switching from an iPhone, turn the iMessage option off. This ensures that the new messages will come on your new device. Tap Settings, then Messages, go to iMessage and then turn the slider off to do so.
- Call (877) 807-4646 from another phone to activate your 4G LTE plan. This would be unnecessary if your SIM card was already 4G enabled on your previous device. The afore-mentioned number cannot be called from the new Samsung phone. Follow the directions received from the prompt after calling and remember to keep your purchase bill accessible.
- Check that you have a SIM card installed. If you have just bought the phone, then the battery will not be inserted in it and you can see the SIM slot with the card in it. If there isn’t one, check the packaging. But if you don’t own one then you can order it by calling (800) 922-0204 or take a trip to the nearest Verizon store.
- Insert the battery, put on the back cover and then power on the device.
- Follow the prompt which the device displays and then it will be activated automatically during the setup process.
How to Activate Verizon for HTC, Motorola, LG or any other Android phone
- Turn iMessage off if you intend to switch from an iPhone. Go to Settings, then click on Messages, select iMessage and then tap on the slider to turn off the messages.
- Call (877) 807-4646 from another phone to activate your 4G LTE plan. This would be unnecessary if your SIM card was already 4G enabled on your previous device. The afore-mentioned number cannot be called from the new Android phone. Follow the directions received from the prompt after calling and remember to keep your purchase bill accessible.
- Use a SIM card removal tool to insert your SIM card. Although new HTC phones come with SIM card already installed, but if you happen to activate a used HTC phone; then don’t forget to insert your own SIM card before activation.
- Power the phone on by pressing the Power button. Some of them have it at the top, while others like LG G3 have it at the back.
- Follow the prompts which appear and you will be guided through the setup process. The activation happens automatically while the setup is functioning.
How to Activate Verizon Phone?
- Purchase a new Verizon SIM Card: In order to connect to the 4G LTE network, you need to have a Verizon SIM Card. You can order one online via Verizon website or offline via calling Verizon customer care or visiting a Verizon store.
- Get IMEI number of Verizon device: Dial *#06# from your phone to get IMEI number of your device. The IMEI number is required at the time of activation.
- Activate online: People who already use Verizon Wireless or any other Verizon device have their account online in My Verizon page. These Verizon phone owners simply have to sign in using their user id and password. For others who do not own a Verizon account, simply go through the registration process and get their own My Verizon Page using their main number.
After signing in, My Verizon Page will appear. A sidebar will have the option “Activate or Switch Device”, click on it. A new window will open through which they can activate their account. Select to reactivate an old number or to activate a new one. Follow the on-screen commands. The whole process is of 5 minutes duration.
- Activate over the phone: You can activate your Verizon phone by dialing *611 from the dial pad. This is a Verizon support number. You can also call (800) 922-0204 or 1-888-294-6804 which are Customer Service Numbers of Verizon and on prompt, enter your 10 digit phone number. The representative answers the phone; inform him/her that you want to activate your phone number. Some security questions will be asked which you need to answer. He may ask for the IMEI number of device and some proof regarding you being the account holder.
After 30 seconds, the Customer representative will ask you to switch off your phone and turn it on. Then dial *228 and send. The phone will be active in 1minute. For any queries, customer care is available from 6am-11pm, 7 days a week.
Helpful Verizon codes are:
#BAL (#225): Check Your Balance
#MIN (#646): Minutes Used
#PMT (#768): Make a Payment
#DATA (#3282): Check Number for Messages and data usage
*611: Customer Service (dial for free from your phone)
You can find more verizon number here: Pay Verizon Bill by Phone and Manage Verizon Account
- Visit a Verizon Store: Those users who want the technician to activate the phone for them; they can simply visit a Verizon Wireless store and ask them to do the needed.
How to Activate Any Non-Verizon phone?
- First of all, ensure that the phone you are going to unlocks compatible with Verizon or not. This would save you from a lot of trouble if it wouldn’t work anyway.
- Get the IMEI number of your phone by dialing *#06#. Most of the phones would show up the IMEI number from this method, if not then see the mobile’s cover box for it. This number is important as it would be required at the time of activation.
- You won’t be able to activate a phone until you unlock it if it has been set up to its original carrier. Most of them would unlock old phones if its contract is over or you can purchase the unlock codes online.
- Insert the Verizon SIM card into the unlocked phone. Most phones having a removable battery have SIM slots under the battery while non-removable ones have it on the side.
- Call (800) 922-0204. This number is Verizon’s Customer Service number, and the customer service representative would activate the phone for you. You might need to give your IMEI number to prove that you are the original account holder.
Choosing Best Activation Method for Verizon
|Need online access
Users must be comfortable giving information via the internet
All-in-one solution accomplished from the phone
|Listening to the menu options takes time
Talking to a service representative may carry a fee
|At Verizon store||Great option for those unsure of the process or with a variety of questions that need a live answer||Stores may charge a fee to activate a phone purchased elsewhere
Takes time to drive to the store
I hope you were able activate your Verizon phone and choosing the easy method to do it. Please do share and comment if this was helpful for you.