Buying a phone from among the hundreds is in itself a pleasure. But if you want a Cricket Communications phone, there’s no need to go to a Cricket store. This guide would help you to learn how to activate cricket phone manually for free from the luxury of your humble abode. Trust me, the process is simple and swift; and the guide is down-to-Earth.
Setting Up Cricket Phone
- Open the back cover of the phone. Take out the battery and see the label and code underneath. You will find the ESN number there. Although there are variations but most of the models show ESN as a 11-digit number in decimal format (abbreviated as DEC). It might have a 8-digit number instead condensed as HEX, all three mean the same. It is not to be confused with Serial no. which is shown as S/N or the FCC ID number.
- Make really sure that the phone you are going to activate is completely charged. If the battery dries up during the programming is done, you might brick the phone and get weird errors. Keep it at minimum of 80% and in no case less.
- Note down the model no. of the phone you are activating; you will be asked of the information. The model no. is also printed on the ESN label usually beside it.
Transferring the Contact Service
- Call Cricket Wireless Customer Care 1-800-CRICKET 800-274-2538 and when you are prompted enter your 10-digit mobile no. You need to say the customer service person that you need to activate your phone number on another cell phone. After asking some security questions, you will be asked the ESN number and then the model no. of the phone to activate.
- It will take about 30 seconds and then you will be asked to reboot your phone. After the phone is switched on, dial *228 and press send. Over the air; your phone will be programmed in about a minute.
- You must be in an Over the Air Activation area, or OTA before calling and programming the phone on cricket. Log on to their website and head over their OTA map. If you are not in their activation area, then you will need to drive up there and then call and dial *228 as the phone would not be activated otherwise.
- That’s it, your phone has now been activated for free and you can enjoy the services.
It is recommended that you do not take it into a Cricket store as you would be coaxed by their technicians to buy a phone from them, or you will be charged highly as much as $20-$40 for activating. Generally, they to mislead people about purchasing phones from online stores.
Hope this guide helped you in activating your cricket phone. If you are looking for data or mms configurations you should to check out our article on cricket apn settings. Please like and share if you found this article useful.
I had to replace my phone, I have the new one , i am trying to set it up but I can not remember the pin # to open the new one. I am asking is there anyway that I can reset my pin # and start over again.
I am having the same problem and so far no one to help me out. has to be a way to do it.
I purchased my cricket phone from walmart and now I can’t activate it do I take it to cricket and pay for service
I have used cricket for years always done great