In order to setup Straight Talk internet connectivity on your iPhone you have to manually update the Access Point Names or APN settings. Straight Talk now has a server set up that can update the APN settings for an iPhone very easily. You can download the Carrier APN profile from this website. There are 3 different apn settings available to download. You will have to try each of them until you find one that works for you.
Are you looking for how to setup Straight Talk Internet Connectivity and MMS on an Android device?
Read this: How to configure Straight Talk APN Settings for BYOP ?
Now to access the Straight Talk website for downloading the apn settings, you would require a WiFi connection to connect your iPhone to internet. Connect to the WiFi to and then continue.
How to setup Straight Talk Wireless Data or Internet Connection on iPhone?
- While on WiFi, open Safari and type in the url iapnupdateatt.straighttalk.com and tap Go.
- Safari closes and an Install Profile opens. Tap Install.
- You would get a popup to install a new profile. Tap Install Now (You might be asked to enter your pass code, sometimes.)
- Tap Done.
- At this point you can exit your browser, turn off WiFi, and re-boot your phone. Make sure you turned the power off, not just put it to sleep.
- Now after restarting the phone, tap Settings->WiFi->Off to turn off WiFi. Try opening any website from your Safari browser now to ensure your data connection is working.
If webpage loads, then congratulations, you have setup the data connection in your iPhone! However if this doesn’t work then try downloading other Carrier APN profiles from the Straight Talk web site. But you can only have one APN profile installed at a time, So each time you want to install a new profile, you need to remove the old one first. To remove the old settings follow these steps:
- Tap Settings -> General -> Profile
- Tap Remove. Tap Remove.
Now again, to install the other two carrier apn settings, use the below two url and follow the same steps as mentioned before.
Hope it helps.
Like and share the post. Thanks :)