Before configuring Straight Talk MMS picture messaging in your iPhone, make sure you have already got the internet connectivity/wireless data setup properly. I have already posted on How to setup Straight Talk Wireless Data or Internet Connection on iPhone?
Now if you want use MMS picture messaging, you need to configure your MMS APN settings in your iPhone. Its really easy to edit the APN settings by going to the Settings tab in iPhone. But the problem is that, I have seen many users complaining that they cannot see the Cellular Data Network settings in their iPhone. Now this happens because when you have the Straight Talk AT&T SIM in your iPhone, the Cellular Data Network settings gets hidden. We have a hack called SIM Swap Method to overcome this.
To do the SIM swap, you need a T-Mobile network SIM (it doesn’t need to be a active SIM). The Cellular Data Network settings will be visible when you put the T-Mobile SIM in your iPhone. Now you quickly put the Straight Talk AT&T SIM back in and enter the Cellular Network Data settings before the option disappears. Once you get the settings tab then its pretty easy to just edit the apn settings. If you have bought the StraightTalk SIM kit with three SIM cards, then you the Pink SIM is for the T-Mobile network. For the iPhone 4 models a micro SIM and for the iPhone 5 a nano SIM is required.
How to configure Straight Talk MMS picture messaging for iPhone?
- Go to Settings->General->Profiles. And look out for the Straight Talk Carrier APN profile you installed there.
- Tap More Details below the Straight Talk Carrier APN profile. Note down the name under APN – Advanced Settings. It will be tfdata, att.mvno, or wap.tracfone. you need to know this later.
- Tap Profile Installed
- Now we will remove APN Carrier Settings. Tap Profile (APN Carrier Settings) and Remove.
- After this remove your StraightTalk AT&T SIM from your iPhone and insert the T-Mobile SIM.
- Goto Settings -> General -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Network. Cellular Data Network will be visible now as we are using the T-Mobile sim, if you don’t see it, then try restarting your iPhone with the T-Mobile SIM in your iPhone.
- Now remove the T-Mobile SIM card and again insert your StraightTalk SIM card.
- The Cellular option will be grayed out now. Wait until it is available. Tap Settings -> General -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Network
- Now based on the APN you have noted down before you will have to enter the MMS APN Settings.If your APN was att.mvno, then provide the following settings.
MMS APN (att.mvno) Settings APN att.mvno MMS APN att.mvno MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com MMS Proxy 184.108.40.206:80 Message size 1048576
If your APN was wap.tracfone, then provide the following settings.
MMS APN (wap.tracfone) Settings APN wap.tracfone MMS APN wap.tracfone MMSC http://mms.tracfone.com MMS proxy 220.127.116.11:8080
If your APN was tfdata, then provide the following settings.
MMS APN (tfdata) Settings APN tfdata MMS APN tfdata MMSC http://mms-tf.net MMS Proxy mms3.tracfone.com:80 MMS Max Message Size 1048576
- Turn your iPhone off and restart it again. (Make sure you fully power down and not simply make it to sleep)
- Now turn off the WiFi and try loading some websites in Safari to check if the data connection is still working.
- From Home Screen, Tap Settings->Messages-> iMessage Off
- Try sending a friend an MMS and verify that you don’t get any error message. You can also ask your friend to send you a picture message to verify that your MMS picture messaging is working perfectly.If Data and MMS work, then kudos, you have succesfully configured Straight Talk internet connection/wireless data and mms in your iPhone. Don’t forget to turn on your WiFi and iMessage later.
Hope it helps. Please Like and Share